Saturday, July 1, 2006

Grande Ronde River: Minam to Troy

In June, my dad and I along with a couple of my kayak friends got together to do 46 miles of the Grande Ronde River in NE Oregon. We put in at the confluence of the Minam and Wallowa rivers. The current was swift, but nothing beyond the occasional class III with easy sneak lines if desired. It was a great scenic trip through a beautiful canyon and lots of opportunities to see wildlife. We took three days drifting down to the town of Troy. I managed to catch a few trout along the way. What a great relaxing trip. I'm looking forward to going back and adding on the upper Minam river.

The Put-in at Minam


Canyon Scenery below the confluence of the Wallowa and Grande Ronde Rivers




Looking back into the canyon on the drive home

Looking into the Eagle Cap Wilderness on the way home






No comments: