Friday, August 7, 2009

Ivor Davies Park: Dragons & Damsels


As a new Molalla city councilor, I have found myself putting my time and energy into improving our parks. Ivor Davies Park has particular interest to me as a wonderful example of a nature park within a city. As we have worked to enhance this park, I have found myself spending my free time there trying to capture the nuances of this great place. I have decided to attempt to put together a photo catalog of the various Dragonflies and Damselflies that call Ivor Davies Park home. This not a complete representation as of yet, but I will update this page as time to shoot allows and good fortune to capture these creatures presents itself. I have done my best to identify these dragons and damsels, if you have a correction, please let me know. (I am also stuck on a few, help is much appreciated) All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Striped Meadowhawk (Symetrum pallipes)
Spreadwing (Lestes ?)
Bluet (Enallagma ?)


No comments: